Start your search here
- Rewarding 12 month contract with possible extension
- Opportunity to work with Open Arms Veterans & Families
- Based in Newcastle or Lismore
* Contribution to the continuous quality improvement of the Open Arms Outreach Program at both region and national levels
* Coordination and participation in the selection, orientation and resourcing of suitably qualified and experienced outreach counsellors in line with Open Arms policy
* Facilitation of the delivery of high quality clinical outreach services for eligible Open Arms clients in rural and outer metropolitan areas in conjunction with other Open Arms staff
* ensuring Open Arms staff with outreach area coordination and/or administrative responsibilities are informed of national and region policy and procedure updates
* further development, maintenance and management of a database of Open Arms contracted counsellors
Direct provision of high quality clinical services including initial intake, assessment and referral, evidence based counselling, case management and case coordination as required.
Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF and other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
Participation in community development and service promotion activities.
Participation in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and providing feedback for the ongoing development of clinical policy and procedures.
Applying the principles of cooperative and safe work practices consistent with APS Values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values.
MANDATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Qualifications as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
* Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
* Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance.
If you value rewarding professional relationships and would like to make a genuine difference for the Australian veteran community, please contact Jane Wansbone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th January.