Start your search here
- Lead and inspire a talented team
- Implement policies and strategies
- diverse range of Stakeholders
Greater Dandenong is known as one of the most diverse communities in Australia, with residents coming from over 150 locations worldwide. This amazing cultural diversity enhances a community built on vibrancy, beautiful food and community spirit. This leadership role reflects the organisation’s Community first approach and will continue the focus on delivering Council’s vision.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join The City of Greater Dandenong as their next Coordinator Sport and Recreation.
Committed to innovation and achieving positive outcomes, you will be passionate about the community and looking at opportunities to enhance Sport, Recreation, Participation, Health and Wellbeing across the municipality.
You will lead by example, demonstrating and implementing Council’s core character principles of respect, engagement, accountability, creativity, and honesty.
As a key position in the Sport and Recreation department, reporting to the Manager Community Development, Sport and Recreation the main functions of this role include:
• Lead and manage the provision of services within Sport and Recreation
• Drive innovation, change and opportunities for best practice
• Support the design and delivery of priority infrastructure projects including the Dandenong Wellbeing Centre (DWC) – a unique state of the art aquatic centre designed to replace Dandenong Oasis
• Develop and implement policies and strategies designed to enhance the participation levels within Greater Dandenong’s diverse community – including the Make Your Move Physical Activity Strategy.
• Support the establishment of South East Leisure, a wholly owned company of Council to manage the 4 major aquatic and leisure facilities and provide efficient administration of community leases, service agreements etc.
• Establish and grow partnerships and networks internally and externally to the organisation
To be successful in this role you will have the energy and adaptability to juggle, prioritise and reprioritise within a changing environment. You will have a proactive participative management style. Your ability to ensure quality services are provided at all times and your passion for stakeholder engagement will be vital to your success. In return you will be awarded with a competitive package and the chance to make a real difference to the community.
For a position description or to apply please visit the McArthur website at www.mcarthur.com.au, referencing job number 145010 in the search bar.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Fiona Bain on (03) 9828 6553.
Applications close: Wednesday 15th June 2022.