McArthur is proudly partnering with Open Arms in identifying experienced Counsellors for their Sydney branch.
As the successful Counsellor, your responsibility will include but will not be limited to:
- Provision of high quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible Open Arms clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of Open Arms group programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to Open Arms standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Participation in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values.
- Other duties, as required.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited metal health social worker.
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Preference is for mental health professionals including Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health Occupational Therapists.
- Health professionals and social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience.
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencement.
For a confidential discussion, please call Brendan 02 9277 7000.