McArthur Community Care was established in 2015 from a deep desire to provide trusted, tailored & ongoing services to people who live with a disability.
We believe in providing the highest level of client-focused care & know by valuing our Support Workers we can achieve that together.
We are seeking a reliable & experienced Disability Support Worker who is currently living in Adelaide & is interested in travelling to Kangaroo Island for a 2 week rotating roster - 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
Available shifts range from - morning/afternoon/overnight shifts with the length of shifts varying.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be required to assist the client to independently live in their home by assisting them with:
- Personal Care - showering, transfers, grooming, etc.
- Skill Development - cooking, shopping, etc
- Transport - to and from appointments
- Social & Community participation - encourage clients to engage within the community
Suitable Applicants Must Have:
- Relevant Industry experience (6 months or more) preferably working with Spinal Cord Injury
- Certificate III in Individual Supports; Disability Cert IV or equivalent
- Current DHS Disability Clearance
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificates
- Current Manual Handling Certificate
- Medication & Bowel Care Certificates will be looked at favourably but not essential
- Working vehicle & valid Driver's License
- Must work well in a team environment
- Clear communication & listening skills
- A person-centred approach to Support
Our commitment to you includes
Above Award Wages
Opportunity to explore KI in your down time
Ongoing support from the internal team
If this sounds like the job for you, please attach your cover letter and resume.
McArthur (SA) Pty Ltd is a licensed Labour Hire business in South Australia, License Number: LHS 297110.
142456 Posted On:08/04/2021