Located on metropolitan Melbourne's eastern fringe, the Yarra Ranges is one of Victoria's largest, most visited and scenic municipalities. Including many of Victoria's most iconic landscapes and stretching from the urban fringes to the Dandenong Ranges to the spectacular Yarra Valley, the municipality covers approximately 2,500 square kilometres and is home to a community in excess of 150,000. With rich agricultural lands and vibrant urban communities, it is home to more than 55 suburbs, townships and small communities. Yarra Ranges Council's ambitious agenda includes the delivery of an annual capital works program in excess of $80 million and provision of over 120 programs and exciting projects to our engaged communities including the Yarra Valley Trail network, Warburton Mountain Bike Destination project, complex urban development and innovations in tourism.
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the Manager People & Culture will provide strategic and professional advice to help shape and influence the organisation. Your focus will be on the strategic planning for the current and future business, working through transformational change, organisational advancement and driving a contemporary people focused agenda for a workforce of over 900 staff.
This senior leadership position will lead the full suite of Council's people functions, and is responsible for the ongoing development of Council's People Strategy, including human resources, employee and industrial relations services, learning and development, values and culture, payroll, and health, safety and wellbeing.
The position oversees a team of 28 (with 3 direct reports) and budget of $3.3m in the delivery of these vital organisational services.
As an integral member in the organisation's leadership team and the Corporate Services Directorate, you will:
* Lead the development of a renewed People Strategy for Council, to provide direction and a pathway to develop Council's people functions into the future.
* Provide leadership, coaching and vision to the People and Culture team, and critical support to the Executive leadership team and the organisation across the full suite of people functions.
* Lead and role model the organisation's values, culture and preferred behaviours, and ensure these are embedded and lived right across the organisation.
The successful candidate will:
* Have senior leadership experience in a human resources related role in a large and complex organisation.
* Be a professional leader demonstrating positive work behaviours with a genuine commitment to the organisation's values.
* Have demonstrated evidence of leading and embedding significant people and culture change initiatives.
* Be a courageous and values-based leader, capable of developing and leading new thinking and practice within your portfolio area.
Whether you work, live or play in the Yarra Ranges, you will see how much we value our natural beauty, how connected our communities are, and how balanced growth makes this the best place in the world.
141665 Posted On:16/10/2020