Located in South Australia’s most progressive and thriving regional centre, with a population of approximately 26,000, Mount Gambier is 4.5 hours from both Adelaide and Melbourne.
You will join one of Mount Gambier’s largest & most well regarded employers of choice, which delivers world class services to the community it serves.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will provide specialist advice to the Chief Executive Officer, General Managers and Business Unit leaders. The position liaises and provides advice and information to staff across the organisation on all aspects of human resource management and organisational development.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Leadership and People:
- Provide leadership and direction to departmental staff.
- Managing employee and team performance and outcomes.
- Empowering employees to achieve or exceed the organisation’s goals.
- Developing employees through overseeing and facilitating regular performance development reviews.
- Recruiting, selecting, and inducting effective and competent employees.
- Complying with the scope of employment legislation, Code of Conduct, Awards, and Industrial Instruments.
Business Unit Plans and Programs:
- Coordinate the development and reporting requirements of strategic and corporate planning processes.
- Provide input into strategic leadership across the organisation.
- Develop, implement, review, and evaluate Business Unit annual plans, programs, strategies, and services.
- Develop performance objectives to ensure industry-based standards and procedures are met.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement as per Council’s strategy and values.
- Organisational Development and Strategic and Business Planning.
- Human Resource Management, Employee Relations, and Learning and Development.
- WHS and Risk Management.
- IT Services, Customer Services, and Volunteer Management.
To be successful in this diverse and challenging role, you will have:
- A Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or similar discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation related to all aspects impacting on employment relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary human resource management and organisation development principles, policy and associated practice and processes.
- Demonstrable experience of effective team leadership and continuous improvement within a diverse organisation.
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence others at all levels
This is an excellent opportunity for you to interact and communicate with a range of external parties including Local Government Authorities, Government departments and agencies, law firms, consultants, education, training and other service providers, business owners and various other external bodies.
To download a Candidate Information pack and to apply, please visit mcarthur.com.au and apply to job number 141263.
Applications close Monday 27th July 2020
Confidential enquiries may be directed to Paul Coyle at McArthur on 08 8100 7000.
141263 Posted On:17/09/2020