We are seeking reliable & experienced Disability Support Workers who are currently living locally on Kangaroo Island.
Available shifts range from - morning/afternoon/overnight shifts with the length of shifts varying.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be required to assist the client to independently live in his home by assisting him with:
- Personal Care - showering, transfers, grooming, etc.
- Skill Development - cooking, shopping, etc
- Transport - to and from appointments
- Social & Community participation - encourage clients to engage within the community
Suitable Applicants Must Have:
- Relevant Industry experience (6 months or more) preferably working with Spinal Cord Injury
- Certificate III in Individual Supports; Disability Cert IV or equivalent
- Current DCSI Clearance
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificates
- Current Manual Handling Certificate
- Medication & Bowel Care Certificates will be looked at favourably
- Working vehicle and valid Driver's License
- Must work well in a team environment
- Clear communication and listening skills
- A person-centred approach to Support
Our commitment to you includes
Above award wages
Opportunity to explore KI in your down time
Ongoing support from the internal team
If this sounds like the job for you, please attach your cover letter and resume.
McArthur (SA) Pty Ltd is a licensed Labour Hire business in South Australia, License Number: LHS 297110.