We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a shooting star in
the tourism game to join one of South Australia’s most
The Whyalla region is one of the most diverse regions in
Australia. It goes from the magnificent Spencer Gulf (home to our
magnificent dolphins and giant cuttlefish) to the stunning
outback and everything the growing City of Whyalla has to offer.
We need someone to tap into the unlimited tourism potential of
our region and tell the world about it.
This is an opportunity for an existing, or an aspiring, Tourism
Manager to make the job their own and help our region fulfil its
destiny as one of the “must see” places in Australia.
Reporting to the Group Manager - City Growth & Delivery, this
role will manage a team and be accountable for the following:
• Develop and grow the visitor economy through implementation
of the Regional Tourism Strategy
• Management of the Visitor Centre and their staff
• Strategic marketing to attract visitors to Whyalla
• Identify and source funding to accelerate tourism development
• Improve financial viability of the Visitor Centre
• Develop and enhance tour experiences
• Drive exhibitions and events
• Develop policies and procedures
Whyalla is home to approximately 22,000 people and offers a
well established industry and retail base as well as plenty of high
quality amenities for their residents. The community thrives on a
strong community spirit and offers an idyllic lifestyle between
the outback and the sea.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong people
management skills, a detailed understanding of running a
tourism business incorporating knowledge of a Visitor
For further information and to apply, please visit
www.mcarthur.com.au quoting reference 134583.
Applications close: 8 September 2017.
134583 Posted On:11/09/2017